Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Braces & Sunshine

I had a scary, scary, SCARY trip to the dentist a few weeks ago. It was a shady dentist who is probably just a front for the Polish mafia. I should've walked right out the door after I walked in to the filthy office reeking of cigarette smoke and decorated with 1970s brown stuff (dog, carpet, wallpaper, ceiling), but I didn't. And I regret it. But today I went to a REAL dentist and it was heavenly (who knew you could use such an adjective for a dentist?) AND he took out my bottom retainer! That sucker has been lining up my bottom six teeth for 15 years now, and it feels so WEIRD to not have it, but I also like it and am excited to floss. (!)

And as for the sunshine bit in that title, well, there isn't any here in Cleveland. Just cold rain. Icky, cold rain. And I don't have a car. Boo. I am wet and cold. And this feeling is only magnified after being in Austin for four days where it is sunny and gorgeous. The trail, Central Mark-up, friends, boyfriend and...sunshine at Austin City Limits music festival. Just a lovely, non-Cleveland weekend full of yummy, yuppie, Austiny stuff. I even hit up the library and Napoleon (the one and only!) checked out a "Library Use Only" book to me for a week! But now I am where the sun don't shine, and it's almost as icky as the real place where the sun don't shine. Poor Cleveland. Good city, bad rep, not Austin.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I just wrote a song about Texas/Austin:

"If I think too long about Texas, my darlin', you might see me shed a tear or two, do you, do you think about me daily, do you think about me every time the skies are blue?"

This is how I feel if I start to think about that wonderful city in the sun. But life here is dandy, so I try not to dwell too much on where I've come from...Love you!