Monday, September 15, 2008

Pittsburgh and bugs

The bug part first. I never get sick. Ok, I rarely get sick. But last week I was struggling - sore throat, dizzy, headachy, achy...it was icky. I slept for twelve hours on Friday night and for those of you who know me, you must know that I'm an 8-hour-a-night girl. Nothing more, nothing less. But DAMN did I need that sleep! So now I think it's on its way out, and I'm just dripping lotsa snot. Ick. I know. Sorry!

















The Pittsburgh part is the more fun part. On Saturday afternoon, my friend Marcia picked me up and we drove to Pittsburgh to see Emily Pinkerton's CD release concert. Pittsburgh is gorgeous. Just stunning! The architecture and the bridges and the mountains and the river. I loved it. Emily played spectacularly - her new songs are gorgeous, and her musicianship is enviable. She played in a neat little venue called Your Inner Vagabond. Normally I avoid the hippie hangouts, but this space was pretty neat. It was covered in pillows and couches and Persian rugs with a sizeable corner stage and great sound. The atmosphere was warm and fuzzy and we had a great time. Then we slept in (late!) at Em's that night and had breakfast yesterday morning followed by a much-needed trip to Ikea. I got home and hit the sack because the bug plagues me still.

1 comment:

hellolua said...

i'm jealous that you saw her show! and i don't know if i can bear reading nice things about pittsburgh... oh, life that could have been ours!