Tuesday, November 20, 2007

29 and 2/365ths


















Well, it has come and gone: another birthday, another birthday weekend (I have a knack for extending the birthday celebrations for a long time), and another crisis. Although I must admit that the actual age-turning was rather anti-climactic. I remember having a tough time with 27. And then 28 didn't really count because it was in another language (and veinte-ocho doesn't have the same ring as twenty-eight). And so I was kind of expecting a WHOA! 29! But really it hasn't impacted me at all. Maybe I was ready for it? I am looking forward to 30 because the 20s have been generally rough. The only really good ones were 20, 21, 24, and 25. The rest were just hard. But here we go anyway!

I had a wonderful weekend in Columbus. I got to blow glass with Kami, talk for hours with Allison, Erica, Arlie, and Anne, drink wine with Jody and Jaye, eat with my brother and my dad and Joan, and be in cold weather and not die. (Cold weather doesn't help my Reynaud's...bad circulation in my hands and feet. It hurts a lot.) And I partook in several of these activities with several people...the wine was not only with Jody, and the talking was not just with the 702 girls (we all lived together at 702 E. Wooster back in Bowling Green). It was just wonderful.















And then I got back to Austin (and to this glorious weather, thank goodness!) where I had a lovely birthday dinner with Genevieve, Sonia, Karla, and Anita followed by lots of cake and beer with just about everyone. It was a terrific time. I really enjoyed myself. I felt really loved. And I know that I am!


1 comment:

Diana said...

k and k! hello! xo. happy belated birthday, sparky.