Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Perfectionism

So here I am, head to head with perfectionism once again. This is everyone's struggle (well, for sure anyone who is in the remarkably self-esteem debilitating field of academia) and it is taking its toll. I just need to suck it up and WRITE.

Yesterday would have been my mom's 60th birthday (happy b-day, ma!) and I wonder what we would have done. Probably a nice dinner and a yummy, quadruple chocolate cake with her best friend, my brother, and me and maybe the neighbors, too. Genevieve asked if I would have gone up there, but I don't think I would be down here if she were still here. Kind of like choose-your-own-adventure, who know what could have or should have or would have happened.

And I'm almost the big 2-9. Not quite 30, but closer than ever. I finally feel about 23 or so, which is a big leap from my oft felt 17. And everyone's married with kids... As Michael said when I told him I would be getting a cell phone (one of these days soon!), "Satan? Yes, you might want to turn the thermostat up a bit. It'll be freezing over pretty soon down there."

Anyway, I'm getting ready for Peru (mentally more than anything), getting ready for my birthday (emotionally), getting ready for Columbus on Thursday (in every way), getting ready for a fellowship app (academically), and getting ready to finish out another Tuesday. Hooray for Tuesdays! Every week there's a new one and it's hopefully better than the last. I'm the world's worst philosopher.

And here's Sparky: (I decided to quit fighting it and let the Curly Sue take over)

3 comments:

hellolua said...

check out your long hair!
miss you. sending you good thoughts.

Larissa said...

Happy almost-birthday! Hope you got my email about the package. I love your long hair! Speaking of, I have bangs now, which I'm wondering why I didn't do sooner. I love them. Hello from PA! We will be moving into the farmhouse soon. Will you come visit?
Love
Larissa

kinkybootbeasts said...

omigod! you are so cute!!

love and miss you!

jamie