Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ticket to Ride

So I just bought my ticket to go back to Iquitos for a whopping 31 days. From December 15 to January 14, I'll be kicking it in my old territory and here are some fears / reservations I have about this trip.
1. That there will be drama. All the drama from this past year is enough to make me never want drama again in my life. I don't want to deal with any of that crap. I prefer the non-dramatic way of life.

2. That I won't get enough dissertation work done. It's so hard to get stuff done there in general, let alone sitting down in a quiet place to get actual work done.

3. That I won't get the follow-up research done to the degree I need it to be done.

4. That I'll be overwhelmed by sadness at being in Iquitos without Victor (a good friend who recently committed suicide). I just can't imagine life there without him - we spoke nearly every day for half a year.

5. That I'll get overwhelmed by constant performing - there are some weddings, a few holiday concerts, and a mass or two that I'll surely have to play, taking more time from work. But I do have to spend time with friends, right?

And some things that excite me about this coming trip:
1. That I will have learned to say no to drama.

2. That I'll get some great research in.

3. To see my wonderful people there!

4. My motorcycle. Period.

5. To play with Explosion again. Woo-hoo!

So here we go again. This is a very finite trip - just a month. The whole thing will fly by so quickly, and who knows when I'll get another chance to get down there, so I need to take advantage of it! Here we go again!

No comments: