Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2.5 weeks and going nuts



















Fun Fact No. 69:
Teenage pregnancy. Well, I thought I´d go ahead and roll with the sexual implications of the number 69 for this session´s fun fact. It´s not that fun of a fact, but teenage pregnancy in Iquitos has only decreased 5% in the last 2 years. There are 12, 13, and 14 year old mothers here, and it´s mind-boggling. I was in girl scouts and marching band as a teenager and was not privy to that which constitutes as baby-making activity.


Well, 2.5 weeks to go and I don´t know if I can get it all done. The most recent news is that I´ll be giving a recital on Saturday followed by a salsa tune with Explosión on Saturday night. Yes, I´ll be on stage in front of 1000+ people and no, I´ll not be wearing the requisite thong. Just a mini-skirt. Ha!

I´m growing my hair out...for now. We´ll see how it looks in a few months. Above is a sampling of what is called motorcycle hair. Dude, out of control!

They call Montana Big Sky Country but really, it´s the Amazon. The skies are gorgeous every day, rain or shine, and I´m constantly amazed. Here are some samples:


No comments: