Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Bee

OK, so work has been completely NUTS lately. I've pulled a few 12-hour days at the Rock Hall in preparation for a teachers professional development workshop that we had on NEOEA Day (NorthEast Ohio Education Association). But it went well. Hard work paid off, and I actually got praise for a job well done. Who woulda thunk? It was fun, too, and I met some interesting teachers.

I'm not necessarily happy yet, but I'm less unhappy. Being busy helps. I cleaned the house today, ran errands yesterday after a hard run. I leave on Friday for Connecticut for the SEM conference and I really can't wait WAIT to see everyone. I just need my peeps.

Nik is coming up for my birthday (hopefully) and (well, our birthdays) I'm trying to plan fun, Cleveland-y stuff. Apparently it often snows around that time of year (late November) so we might even be able to squeeze in some sledding or some such nonsense. But then again, if global warming keeps, well, warming, we might be tanning on Lake Erie. You never know.

This election has me TENSE TENSE TENSE. Just as I believe vehemently that women have a right to choice and that I will never change my name if/when I get married and that air is partially composed of oxygen, I also feel that Sarah Palin is a bad, bad person who should not be in any office at all, let alone in the VP office. I can't shake it. Icky. Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!! I think I'm going to vote early to save myself the undue heart attack.
















This is the coffee shop where I have been going lately to work on the diss.

2 comments:

Klaus said...

I will be there for your b-day! Nice shot of the coffee shop. Next time you're in there, give the slackerish guy who works there a nod for keepin' it realz, and playing all the old school hits from my college days. Like Morphine, etc... I remember it well. Love you!

Anne said...

Yes! Yes! Vote early! I voted two weeks ago. It's the old-fashioned fill-in-the-ovals, paper-and-pen voting. You know it will bew counted correctly, and, even, counted. I'm assuming you've changed your voter reg to Ohio? Happily, your Obama vote may actually count for something here! :) It's easy, and once you're done, go to your local campaign office and volunteer. There's a huge get-out-the-vote push for the next two weeks. (I've been canvassing with my two boys in tow, made phone calls, and written letters. Fun and way too important to not do.) Did I mention I love you?