Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ran dat.

Yup, I have now completed my third marathon. Three! Somehow it feels more real now that I'm a marathon runner. The first one was kind of a fluke, like I'm just testing this, to see how it works and if I can do it. The second one was more like, well, let's try it again to see if I'm allergic to it or if I can do it again. The third one was a big ole heck yeah, I run marathons. Three, actually. And two half marathons. And many a 10k, 5 miler, and 3k just for kicks. And now I really AM a runner.


The race was great EXCEPT for the five bathroom breaks. Dude, uncomfortable! I had stomach cramps until mile 18. The good thing was that those last 8 miles were awesome, mostly because I was finally in the clear, if you catch my drift. I finished in 4'44", which I don't think is too bad considering a good 22 minutes were spent in the port-o-john. Anyway, can't wait for Chicago this year and now (once my quads no longer buckle under my weight) I'm going to concentrate on strength-training. Heck yeah!

And for a quick political info moment:

I wanted to let you know that Texas has a unique two-step process of an open primary AND caucus. Voting in the primary DOES NOT GUARANTEE a delegate vote; you must ALSO vote in the caucus that opens at 7:15pm (for Democrats; 8:00pm for Republicans) on March 4th (after the primary closes). Please be sure to find out where your primary precinct polling place is (you participate in the caucus at the same place where you vote in the primary) to sign the affidavit in the caucus. No lines, no mush - you just have to sign your name. It seems like a pain to vote twice in the same day at the same place, but you can avoid that by VOTING EARLY until February 29. You will still need go to your polling place after 7:15pm on Tuesday, March 4 even if you vote early in the primary.


Early Voting Places
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/county_clerk/election/20080304/early.asp

For information about what number your precinct is for the March 4 primary, please see
https://team.sos.state.tx.us/voterws/viw/faces/SearchSelectionPolling.jsp

and cross reference that precinct number:
http://www.co.travis.tx.us/county_clerk/election/20080304/polls.asp

And for a breakdown of how the delegates & super delegates are distributed throughout Texas, please see
http://www.lonestarproject.net/


Thank you,
Kathryn

1 comment:

marylamb said...

marine marathon? anyone?