Monday, February 25, 2008

Hope.

Hope is a dangerous thing. It makes you think things are possible and if they aren't, it sucks. Hope can also be pretty thrilling, and it can carry you through tough stuff. Right now, I am (cautiously) hopeful about a few things:

1. That Barack Obama will win. My friend Genevieve and I have discussed how we will probably cry big alligator tears if he doesn't. It will be so disappointing, honestly, and I can only hope that if my hope doesn't pan out, I won't be too let down.

2. That I can make this dissertation magic happen. I really need this hope to pull me through, because I have a lot riding on it, including the approval of my advisor and my future career. No pressure.

3. That my finances don't get sticky. Not having a car has helped me save some cash, not only because I'm not spending on gas, car insurance, or maintenance, but also because I'm not getting in a car to go to Target or other places where I spend money. It's been a good thing, so here's hoping I can maintain my fiscal frugality and sustain myself without loans until I graduate with the ole Ph.D.

Here's hoping...

No comments: