Thursday, November 23, 2006

Kathryn 2

Fun Fact No. 26: You can fit a lot of people on a motorcycle. So far I've only ridden a motorcycle by myself, double, and triple. I have seen cuadruple and even quintuple (sp?). Today, however, I saw six. SIX people on a motorcycle - three adults, three kids. Holy crap, folks.

Well, in one fell swoop, I became a godmother of two people. One was born on my birthday at 9am. She's a healthy baby girl who was named after me. We call her Kathryn 2. The other turns fifteen in a month and never had a godmother and needs one for her quinceanera. She's one of the girls that works at the house and is a cousin of the family. Her name is Silvia and I just love her to pieces. Within about 2 days, I got godmother duty. I get to baptize Kathryn 2 and I get to parade Silvia around in her beautiful ball gown. Fun!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on being a godmother. Very sweet. Your birthday party sounded like a blast. Anyway, I'm a bad friend. Email me your address again, I want to write to you but I'm a ditz and can't find the scrap of paper I wrote your address on.

allison said...

Holy CRAP!! YOU have a human being named after you! That is fan-tastic! I wish I was named after you. I saw a girl you looked like you today and it made me cry....i'm missin you!
Allison

Mirandochka said...

Congratulations! I wish someone would name a baby after me. Only then the baby would get called Miranda-Panda all the time, and I wouldn't like that.