Sunday, February 22, 2009

Laughter!

Yesterday I had to work, teaching four hundred Girl Scouts. It was fun but tiring. The great part was that afterward, old college friends (Arlie, Peter, Jeremy H., Emily Anderson, & Jeremy Johnston) came to the Rock Hall and bopped around. Actually, that was more like the good part. Johnston was up from Cinci (haven't seen him since 2005) and Emily up from Columbus. The great part was the evening of beer and cookies that we spent at Arlie & Peter's that was complete with more laughter than I have experienced in YEARS. I laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt, my eyes burned with tears, and my tummy got cramps. We played a ridiculous game (the adjective game) and just laughed for hours. I woke up and my cheeks were sore this morning. It was just wonderful. Great to catch up with old friends, as always, but wonderful to just laugh, uninhibited, out loud, snorting, chortling, bubbling laughter! It really is some pretty great medicine.

No comments: