Saturday, November 08, 2008

Catch-up

It's been nutty lately. But quick catch-up:
Halloween was great. I went as
a) Zombie Pippi Longstocking
b) Andy Warhol / The Velvet Underground album cover
c) Sporty Spice
d) Chucky















Cory (my roommate) is such a zombie fan that she convinced me to really do it up. It was fun to be something gross and scary, although fake blood, liquid latex, and zombie rot get annoying after being on your face for hours on end. We (Cory, Reena from work, and I) went to a party on Thursday night and then there was the costume contest at work (for my part as one of the Spice Girls that was complete with choreography, we won "most creative" category.), and then there was a show somewhere in the flats (I can't navigate through Cleveland to save my life) and then there was a house party here in Lakewood. It was no Genevieve party, but it was good fun.

Fall was beautiful. It's kind of fading, it's getting cooler out, and generally crummy, but it was beautiful while it lasted.

This coming week I will be meeting Les Paul, Ace Frehley (Kiss), Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top), Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith Group), the Ventures, Slash, Richie Sambora, Steve Lukather, and others during our American Music Masters series. Les Paul is the focus this year and yes, he's still alive (he's 93) and yes, he will be playing. It's going to be a nutty week full of 12 hour days but it should be fun. I don't know that I've ever "wrangled" rockstars before, but I'm sure I'll learn. And for the pop music scholars among you, Steve Waksman will be here too. :)

After that, it's my birthday! And my boyfriend will be coming all the way up to frigid Cleveland to celebrate it with me. I'm throwing a cocktail party at my house on the 22nd and kind of half throwing it with Cory, whose birthday is the 24th. Fun fun fun!!!!

I ran 8 miles today and it was perfect running weather: 45 and sunny. While normally I balk at anything under 60, it was good for the run. I still can't remember or picture what real cold is like, but I'm sure it will be upon me soon enough.

And of course, the obvious: President Barack Obama. It just sounds good.

No comments: