Wednesday, November 12, 2008

61 years young...
















Today would have been my mom's 61st birthday. She would have griped about getting old and then she would have asked for me to take her to a dessert buffet somewhere where she could load up on chocolate and cream puffs and tapioca and ice cream. She had quite the sweet tooth. She also would have found it highly entertaining that I work at the Rock Hall. She would have asked to take a look at my drafts of chapters (even if they blow) and she would have edited the hell out of them. And even though I'm a good 6 inches taller, she would have pulled me into her lap and said, "Ka-honey, tell me about your day."

I wish I had a better picture of her, but she died before digital cameras got popular, and I haven't scanned anything lately. So this is my mom in about 1975, three years before I was born.

Love you, Mom.

2 comments: