Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All Growed Up

So this morning, I got up at 7am, took a shower, got dressed, and walked to the diner down the street to buy orange juice (ok, maybe I'm not THAT grown up) and then crossed the street to the Rapid station to wait for the train. The train came, I listened to Willie while looking at Cleveland as it whizzed by me, and then I got off at the Tower City stop in the middle of downtown. I walked the seven or eight blocks from the stop to work, down Superior Avenue, east on St. Claire, north on E. 9th until I got to the Rock Hall around 8:30am. I walked in, activated my badge and went to my office space (more than a cubicle, less than an office) and set up my rockhall account. I accompanied Susan, the education programs director, up to the auditorium where we set up the hall for the lecture that would first be 5th and 8th graders and then would be 7th graders at a later class. She lectured; I watched. I walked to lunch at a place called The Galleria where I had carrot curry soup and a mediterranean salad with freshly baked bread while I read the NY Times. I walked back to work, organized my office space, finished signing all the insurance forms and whatnot and then had a meeting with my boss Jason about the lecture that I'm going to give tomorrow (hooray!) and then I met with the human resources girl, Holly, who tried to explain the retirement plan they have that I only kind of understand. At about 5:45 I deactivated my badge and walked to the Rapid station. I hopped on the train, looked out the window and talked to Karla on the phone, and got off at 117th and Madison. I swung by the Dollar Store to buy some shampoo and then walked back to Jeremy's apartment. We drove my rental to Nature's Bin to go grocery shopping and then stopped by a Lebanese joint for falafl and babaganouj (yum!). We ate, drank some wine, shot the bull and then I called about apartments. I checked my email and now I'm going to bed (at 10:25pm).

This is currently my life.

5 comments:

marylamb said...

i have poison ivy on my wrist. it itches. your day sounds cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting and different. This is your new adventure! Who is taking care of Rocksteady? I was worried about him last cuz we had a huge storm. Earlier in the day he was hanging outside my door being all cute :).

Niko® said...

hmmm, sounds quite distant from the day I took that picture of you and Voldemort's cousin....
My life is kinda turning in the same direction... but I sure miss the jungle.......

Unknown said...

I'm so glad things are getting started! It's just wonderful to have an update! I hope the lecture today went fabulously!

I'm sending good, good vibes your way!

hellolua said...

You know when it comes time to amend your blog's masthead that serious changes are afoot.