Sunday, June 10, 2007

Knuckles!

Fun Fact No. 57: ATM cards are confusing. So since the ATM card is a relatively new arrival to the Amazon, lots of people have it & don´t know how to use it. Or they have one and can´t read so I end up helping someone take out cash at least once a week. The things you take for granted, right?

So today I was casually playing volleyball with one of the neighborhood kids when WHAM! My left ring finger snapped back. WOW did that hurt! A friend massaged it a bit and it hurt slightly less but when I went to pick up a glass it started to kill. My roommate Graciela is pretty well trained in home medicine and stuff so she grabbed it, pulled it, and then massaged it into place. My knuckle was dislocated. Such a tiny, tiny part of the body but such a BIG BIG pain! Now I´m typing about 2 words a minute because my finger is in a splint and is throbbing a bit. But an adventure nonetheless. However, since it hurts like H-E-double hockey sticks, I´ll save more exciting adventures for tomorrow or the next day. Tune in next time, folks, for more "This Amazonian Life".

No comments: